Ways of earning may differ as much as the colors of the rainbow. But there’s also something that unites them. For example, these skills, through which you can get more money in almost any field.
1. The ability to negotiate
This is the first among high income skills for a reason. A person with a suspended tongue can present his work in a favorable light and successfully negotiate a salary increase or promotion.
Many people are unable to do so for several reasons. First, people are afraid of talking, because there is always the risk of a negative outcome. But your manager will not fire you for asking for a raise. Yes, he can refuse, but no one will be punished for such attempts.
Secondly, even if a person dares to make a request, he does not know how to justify it. An employee simply cannot give a good reason for a promotion, which distinguishes him from other candidates.
Third, many people take a negative answer too quickly and end the negotiations.
Often the word “no” is just the beginning.
Knowing how to engage in dialogue will help you to achieve better conditions in your current job or get a good start on the next one. To sharpen it, you can start with books such as Pre-January Robert Chaldini and Negotiations Without a Defeat by Roger Fisher, William Yuri and Bruce Patton.
After theory, move on to practice, honing your skills in less important life situations. Every time you have to negotiate or persuade someone, use techniques from books. As soon as you feel confident, try to raise the issue of wages.
2. The courage to make your voice heard
Most employees very often do not comment on the difficulties or inefficiency of the work process. These people sit with their noses down, doing their job, keeping quiet about problems and, most importantly, showing no initiative at all.
Believe it or not, with this behavior you deprive yourself of a higher salary and career advancement. It makes you invisible, and invisible employees are not rewarded.
The courage to express your opinion is necessary even on the initial steps of the career ladder. And as the employee grows, its importance only increases.
Of course, it is worth distinguishing constructive statements from complaints. With the help of the latter you want to change the situation only in your favor, even if it will disproportionately complicate the work of colleagues. And constructive comments are aimed at winning the company as a whole. These may be comments about business problems and how to solve them. Complaint only in desperate situations, speak out only if it will benefit you.
You need to have the courage to make your voice heard, especially when it may add to your work. But it is the ability to speak out that dramatically increases your value as an employee.
3. Competent time management
Wherever you work, time has to be watched everywhere. The ability to spend it in such a way that you can complete the tasks on time will be useful to every professional.
Time management allows you to finish things without having to work overtime. Moreover, it helps to do more than the norm to stand out from the rest. Competent time management also reduces work stress, gives you concentration, peace of mind and a sense of control.
There are many approaches to time management, but most of them are variations in the task list.
You write down your cases and add new ones as needed. And then you focus on the most important task and do it as efficiently as possible.
For people who go to meetings often, a combination of a task list and a calendar, where things fill up the space between meetings, is best. A simple notebook with a pen will suffice to work on such a scheme with a small number of tasks.
For a more complex workflow, a to-do list in the form of a mobile application that synchronizes with your computer is best. For example, Todoist in conjunction with Google Calendar is a good choice.
As for the books on time management, you should read “How to get things in order” by David Allen and Cal Newport’s Deep Workю
Even with the best time management in the world, you can’t do without the ability to finish what you started. This is discipline – perhaps the most important skill for the job. It makes you a very valuable employee, ready to deal with difficulties for new perspectives.
One of the key elements of discipline is concentration. Most people want to work, but many don’t know how to stay focused on business. These people are distracted by everything in the world: the phone, colleagues, dreams and any events that happen around them.
To better focus on what is important, you need to get rid of distractions. Whenever possible, turn off your phone, your browser, your email.
Make sure that, apart from work tasks, nothing exists for you.
Another useful strategy that helps you focus on the right things is meditation. It can be considered the equivalent of physical exercise, but for mental muscles. All you have to do is meditate for five minutes a day, the main thing is to do it regularly. Just sit in a comfortable place, close your eyes and concentrate on exhaling and breathing. As soon as you start to distract yourself from them, bring your thoughts back.
Another key element of discipline is taking responsibility for your work. It is important to remember what you are paid to do and to earn more money, you need to improve your results. Your employer invests in you to earn money. And if someone else does the same tasks for less money or even more for the same amount of money, it will be difficult for you to compete with them. So take it seriously.
5. The ability to establish positive contacts
Maintain relationships with friendly colleagues who do not radiate negativity and try not to conflict with other people. In other words, make positive contacts.
No matter what you do, you will never like everything, nor will you ever be happy with everyone. That’s the truth of life. It’s not even about how people think of each other, it’s about how they show their attitude towards others.
There are very few people who want to communicate with negative personalities. If there is such a person in the team, you can even count a few sycophants next to him. But if he has no special privileges, his career days are numbered.
A lot of people want to work with a positive and friendly colleague.
It’s not about being overly cheerful. Positive people know how to be grateful and listen to others, they offer valuable ideas, respond to requests, participate in conversations and never criticize anyone publicly. They are pleasant to work with, they are more often encouraged.
Be a positive person and do not stir up conflicts in the team. If you have to criticize someone, do so constructively and privately. Try to build a positive relationship with everyone, and if you encounter a negative, ignore it.
6. Ability to be a leader
To be a leader, you must take responsibility: to offer your ideas or to act on behalf of the whole team. A leader doesn’t have to be a manager: often informal chiefs lead employees much more effectively.
Leadership qualities have a serious impact on salaries. It is a combination of all the above mentioned useful skills. A good leader can establish positive contacts and effectively manage time. He is not afraid to participate in negotiations and express his opinion. He is disciplined, always up to date, knows how to come to a consensus.
If you want to learn more about leadership and develop the qualities you need, read “Start by asking why? How Outstanding Leaders Inspire Action” by Simon Sinek or watch the recording of his speech at the TED Talks conference.
So if you were interested in what are good high income skills, hope we’ve made that clear.
18 high income skills of rich and successful people
To be rich is easy, it’s enough to get a few useful habits, reports UBR. But before talking about them, let’s talk about the habits that the average person has: come to work in the morning, work hard, come home from work in the evening, pay bills, watch TV. With such habits can we talk about making dreams of visiting distant countries come true? To be rich, you need other habits, which hide the secrets of success and the secrets of wealth.
- The first habit of rich people – solve all their problems in the shortest possible time, do not delay, do not pull, do not start. To solve a problem at the very beginning of it usually requires less effort than it is spent to eliminate the consequences. Do not be afraid to make decisions, even if you make a mistake, it is better than if you do not make any decision at all. Learn to think, if you have an idea, it is not for nothing, do not look for problems and excuses, create opportunities. To be rich, you have to do more than others, and then you will know success.
- The second habit of rich people is to work for themselves, not for anyone. The word “work” comes from the word “slave”. If you do not want to be a slave, then work for yourself, for your good. At the same time, you should understand that doing your favorite things cannot be called work.
- The third habit of rich people is to create value. Create and accumulate value in different ways, increase your value for people around you. Create only products that are valuable to others, and they will bring you the money you want. Do not be modest, describe in detail all the value and benefits of your products. “If you do not praise yourself, no one will praise you.”
- The fourth habit of rich people is to work for interest. If there’s no interest in a job, it’s not worth doing. Work for your interest, to gain the necessary knowledge and useful skill, work for yourself.
- The fifth habit of rich people is to set high goals. Set a goal to earn $5,000 a month, don’t bet less. The higher you set the bar, the sooner you will rise to heights.
- The sixth habit of rich people is communication skills. Other people bring you money. Communicate with them, interest them, and they will gladly give you the money. Do not be moody and reserved, such people are less likely to become rich.
- The seventh habit of the rich is to surround yourself with winners, to communicate with the rich. Poor people will drag you to the bottom, dissuade you from risk and opportunities to earn, because they do not know how to earn. Communicate with those who know how to earn, absorb their experience, it is invaluable, it is not written about in school books. In poor environments, they do not like the rich, they despise them. Surround yourself with optimists and winners, they will help you become successful and rich.
- The eighth habit of rich people is responsibility. Poverty goes hand in hand with irresponsibility. If you want to be rich, then do not be afraid to take responsibility, do not evade it, learn to benefit from it.
- The ninth habit of rich people is to do business. If you don’t have enough money, take it and do business. If you have no money at all – then urgently, right now start doing business. Solve all problems when they arise, do not delay. Look for ideas, create ideas, design ideas in the form of business projects and attract the attention of investors.
- The tenth habit of rich people is to create passive income. Look for ways to create passive income that will make you money without your involvement. Don’t build your business on the fact that you have to run around all the time and do all the work yourself. Let them do your job for you – and live in your pleasure, enjoy life.
- The eleventh habit of rich people is to invest. You have to invest, but you have to invest correctly. Always weigh the pros and cons, gather as much information as possible, thoroughly study the problem, do not allow unreasonable risk. The risk must be justified, and the income from the investment must cover the expense.
- The twelfth habit of rich people is to study rich and successful people. Examine their background, how they went about their success, where they started, how they expanded. Try to understand how they think and think the same way. There are so many biographies of the richest people in the world on the Internet. Study the lives of at least the most outstanding of them.
- The thirteenth habit of rich people is to ask themselves questions. Such as: “Who am I?!”, “Why am I unique?!”, “What would I do if I had $123,456,789,000?!” Use the power and energy of those positive thoughts that come to your mind and direct them to action, to move forward.
- The 14th habit of rich people is to dream. Dreams are the strongest driving force. Dream and believe that your dreams will come true. But don’t fantasize in any way. Fantasies do not require realization, but dreams do. Man stops developing and progressing the moment he stops dreaming.
- The fifteenth habit of rich people is to help. Help is not for money. Help from the bottom of your heart. But! Help only those you want to help. Don’t help those who ask for help all the time, these people are parasites on someone else’s kindness. Don’t limit your help to your friends and family. The more people you help, the more people will help you.
- It’s the sixteenth habit of rich people to praise. Give compliments, it will raise the self-esteem not only of the person you said it to, but also of you. A successful person should have high self-esteem.
- It’s the seventeenth habit of rich people to keep a diary. Write down everything that comes to mind, all ideas. Write down as much detail as you can on all your affairs. Fill in your diary a month in advance. Fill it out every day. There can’t be blank pages, there can’t be anything you don’t do. Write down all your wins, successes, failures, and failures in your diary. They should be remembered – it’s an invaluable experience. Offenses are remembered 10 times more often than successes. So when you have a gloomy mood, open your diary and read the “Successes” column.
- The eighteenth habit of rich people is not to give up! Never give up, keep moving, don’t stand still, develop and develop your environment. Fight poverty, poverty is the enemy of all people who fight it better, he becomes rich and successful.
6 working money rules to help you earn more
1. Money is always there. Even if it’s not there!
This belief is the cornerstone in this matter. Many people, either because of negative experiences or by inspiring others, have decided that the opposite is true: resources are limited. There is no money. You either have to fight for it in the blood, putting your whole life on it, or learn to do without it and consider lack of money normal. It is this belief that provokes lack of initiative and fear to take risks, change jobs, and ask for promotion. People think that their bosses also have little money, or they are very afraid to part with them, or they will be fired, ask them for a raise.
It’s a waste of time.
One of NLP’s prepositions says, “The universe is friendly and full of resources.” And I know for a fact that those who happen to have large sums of money or just never lack money live and think under the auspices of this supposition.
The attitude to money should be like water in a tap: even if it’s turned off, it’s still there somewhere and it’s bound to appear. You will go somewhere, talk to someone, do something, and it will appear! Then that’s how it’s gonna be.
How does it work?
No mysticism, it’s simple and clear:
If your focus is on the fact that there is no money, then you won’t even look for ways to get it (there’s nothing to get);
If your focus is on the fact that money is there, but there is not enough money, then you will only focus on the opportunities that will bring you little money;
If your focus is on the fact that there is enough money for all your needs, then your brain will go through all the options and find the ones that will provide you with everything you need.
2. Wealth will come from the outside world when it appears inside.
Yes, physically, money comes to us from outside of other people. Yes, it’s impossible to get more money without depending on anyone at all. But for the world to pay us as much as we want, it is necessary, no matter how hard it sounds, to start with ourselves.
Laying all the responsibility for your financial situation on external circumstances, you remain the stone under which no water flows.
There is always something internal that, when faced with external circumstances, leads us to monetization and great earnings. One is impossible without the other. If inside you have 1. a steady feeling of your poverty and 2. an opinion that the world owes you already by the fact of your existence, then you do not see big earnings and financial success.
Someone will think: “What about the stories about the generous universe?”. Here, first of all, it is necessary to understand that the generosity of the Universe is in the infinity of resources, not in thoughtless giving them away. Because to get something, you have to give something first: useful skill, abilities, knowledge, help. Something that the universe is willing to pay you for. Generously!
3. The rules for earning money from everyone are unique. What kind of rules do you have?
What gets away with one can hurt the head of another. That one man will be a journey to a hopeless life, from another man will exhaust all the juices, leaving him with empty pockets. And all because, trying to get rich, people do not agree on how to make money with their individuality.
I won’t tell you the news, but you and I are unique. Each of us. Our characters and our experiences give us a rough idea of what works for us and what goes by. And if a person does not “beat the receiver”, he will not remain deaf to the feedback that the world gives him. Including the financial equivalent.
You can always make good money in your way, especially. Remember now the cases from your life, when you had a monetary “parish” (gave, earned more, won). What happened before that? How did you think, what did you do? And now remember when the money from you “ran away” (lost, robbed, not paid what was promised, etc.). What did you do, what did you work, what did you feel, how did you think before it happened?
Just because one made a lot of money by trading doesn’t mean you have to go there. Just because somebody got stuck with the shenanigans doesn’t mean the other one gets away with it. If a person makes a lot of money working for a corporation, it doesn’t mean you’ll get away with it.
Only your own experience will tell you a direction that will help you earn more. Not the experience of Dale Carnegie, not the experience of Richard Branson, not the experience of a successful friend of yours. Only your Personal Experience and your personal decision making strategy will do that.
4. Determine what the financial high and low for yourself.
There are people for whom it’s okay to live on $200 a month. There are people for whom it’s okay to live on $200 a day. Norma is a curious concept in general: despite its relativity, it directly determines your earnings. It means that earning more without raising your norm is very difficult.
Several factors affect our money rate:
- Values. If wealth and its related benefits are not at the top of your value chart, then you may not be able to make enough money. There are a lot of people who could easily get more, but more important for them is creativity/knowledge/family/volunteer. And you seem to want to eat delicious and branded things, but to do something for it – no. It does not mean that you can not earn more – there are a lot of examples when people did not target big money, and they still came as one of the results of their activities. But let’s be honest, these are exceptions rather than the rule. More often than not, big money comes to those who cannot and do not want to tolerate deprivation and discomfort. The higher the place in the ranking of values is occupied by wealth, the higher your norm will be.
- Surroundings. If everyone in your environment gets 3 kopecks, you’ll be sure that’s normal. Yeah, it’s uncomfortable. Yeah, it’s on the verge of survival. But it’s okay. It’s the way everyone lives. But it’s not okay to get 30 kopecks, though it’s cool, I guess. It’s an illusion of reality created by the facet that a person sees day after day, perceiving it as the only one that exists. You should agree that it is difficult to earn a lot of money, considering that it is impossible – even if a person has such an opportunity, he will not even look at it. Rich celebrities seem to him as characters from another universe, and, to some extent, it is so. The same thing happens to a rich man who reads bulletins about poor people.
- Experience. If you once had to earn $500 a day, then no matter how much you have to “financially fall”, you can always (!) go back to that amount. Experience has raised your norm, it has transformed and become achievable for you. Plus, it already means that you can offer people something of value.
- Determine for yourself where your personal “little money” starts and ends with your personal “much money”. How much per day, week, month, year is “normal” for you? Without understanding this, you are barely close to the right amount and can earn more.
- And remember: for someone, your average earnings will be just a restaurant lunch bill. Don’t be trifling!
5. Money attracts money.
And the lack of money attracts the lack of money. The law of attraction? It’s possible. “What was, what will be”? Probably so. Is it possible to earn a lot in a money vacuum? I don’t think so. That’s why, if there’s something fundamentally wrong with your life and, in particular, your income, it’s time to change and change. To make an effort and go where there is more money and everything as you want. At least for a while!
Where will you go if you want to increase your knowledge? To a place where you already have a lot of knowledge: a university, courses, bookshops, websites with scientific articles and works. You should do the same when the goal is to earn more, to become richer. You have to literally “carry” yourself out of the old and possibly monetized environment where wealth is a natural state of affairs, where there is a lot of it. When you come back, you will feel life in a completely different way.
How can you do that:
- Find people who earn more than you and communicate with them. The rule has been confirmed more than once in my life: we get as much as the people with whom we communicate most. It’s all the fault of mirror neurons: they adopt the strategies of others, reflecting them. And this concerns not only money, but also appearance, success in personal life. (The search for the answer to the question “What can I do to interest such people?” remains with you.)
- Save money and go where there’s more money than where you are now. To another country, another city or just another, richer neighborhood. Visit expensive hotels, have dinner at an expensive luxury restaurant for once. You should feel what it’s like to be in luxury. Yes, some charismatists can make a million in Cukuevo village and create their own personal Dubai there. They have some kind of inborn understanding of how and where to make big money. But if you are not this charismatic, the energy of your city will slow you down, no matter how many books and articles about “rich money” you read. So, go where you have the energy of wealth, the energy of money, and get drunk with it.
- Dig up money and buy yourself a really expensive and high-quality, preferably branded thing. It can be not only clothes or shoes, but also equipment, cosmetics, furniture. What for? It is a universal way to increase your norm and stop agreeing to the less and the worse. When you become the owner of something qualitative and expensive, it will be much harder to return to the use of cheap hackwork. Plus, these things are universal energy conduits to a world of wealth. It works!
6. You have to want to make money, not just spend it…
And last but not least. Please take a closer look at the people around you: do their eyes light up when they think about spending money? If so, I will upset you: there are no potentially rich people around you. The joy of thinking about spending money is simply not inherent in potentially rich people. But those who just want to make more money than they do now are.
Feel the difference for yourself: one wants to make a million dollars, another wants to spend it. Who is more likely to have that million?
Caught yourself trying to make more money just to spend it on something? That’s okay. It’s okay for money to come in for a purpose. You just have to be honest with yourself about the level of needs you’re at right now, and that many of them are not yet met. After all, there are starting conditions that should be considered. Just remember that you can earn really large sums of money only guided by a completely different motivation: passion, passion, the desire to create and get more, the desire to influence something in this world.